You might be wondering what to wear when it’s cold on the golf course. Well, there’s only one answer to this question, which gets asked a lot: layering. During the cold winter months, going to the golf course can feel like a chore because who really likes to be cold?
There are some easy things you can do to stay warm while playing golf in the winter. Try to avoid wearing clothes made of cotton as much as possible. Cotton lets cold air pass through it. Instead, you should think about getting golf clothes that are warm and waterproof to keep you warm from your neck to your ankles.
With warm clothes, it’s also important to keep your hands warm while playing golf in cold winter. To do so, you must wear cold weather golf gloves, especially the ones made for golf. By wearing warm golf gloves, you will not only keep your hands warm but will also get better control of club.
In this article, we’ve reviewed some of the best cold weather golf gloves golfers wear during winter. These gloves are going to add an extra boost to your golf journey. Keep reading!
Top 10 Cold Weather Golf Gloves in 2023
Here are some of the Best Thermal Golf Gloves for winter listed below:
1. Callaway Thermal Grip Golf Gloves
The Callaway Thermal Grip Cold Weather Gloves are designed to keep you warm and secure in cold, windy conditions. Callaway winter gloves are made of synthetic and On humid summer days, synthetic gloves are designed to be flexible and breathable to prevent your grip from sliding. They are constructed of leather, satin, and spandex.
|Dimension LxWxH in inches||8 x 4 x 6|
- Digitized Synthetic Leather Palm
- Microfiber Outer Shell
- Thermal Fleece Inner Lining
- Adjustable Closure
Why buy it?
- Improved Grip in Wet Conditions
- Repels Water
- Provides Wind Protection
- Will keep your hands warm
- Feels Thin, Light & Secure Fit
- Questionable durability of the product under certain weather conditions
- Right size issues might occur
2. Mizuno ThermaGrip Golf Gloves
The Mizuno ThermaGrip gloves have a synthetic suede palm and a flexible Breath Thermo upper. 3D printing on the palm improves grip in wet conditions, and a fleece cuff adds extra warmth and comfort.
These Winter Performance Gloves from Mizuno have an elastic wrist band for a firm grip regardless of the temperature. They are manufactured from water-resistant Polar Fleece material. They have long knit cuffs to keep the cold out. Whether it’s snowing or raining, these gloves are fantastic.
|Dimension L x W x H||10.47 x 4.02 x 0.75 inches|
- Flexible upper for cold conditions
- Enhanced grip in wet conditions
- Fleece cuff for warmth
Why buy it?
- Fabric Technology used in the product to release the body vapor to produce heat
- Palm made of durable synthetic suede
- Great grip while keeping the hands warm
- Not much durable
3. FInger Ten Winter Golf Gloves
The FingerTen excels with excellent gripping when you need the driver to stay in your hand. The touch on the fingers and palm of these gloves secure your hold for intense, assured swings. The toughest striking testers never experienced driver slippage while using the FngerTens glove.
The target audience for this is devoted golfers who don’t let the cold weather keep them from playing or practising. Additionally, unlike other gloves where you have to buy each hand separately, these are sold in pairs.
|Dimension L x W x H||10.24 x 3.94 x 0.79|
- High-quality windproof and snowproof microfiber fleece at back
- The palm uses a suede microfiber 3D pattern
- A soft feel and secure grip in cold weather conditions
- Opti fit adjustable
- Extra design with ball marker
Why buy it?
- Every pair of golf gloves includes a ball marker on one of the glove’s backs for convenience in cold weather
- Adjustable closure maintains a secure fit with perforations for better cold-weather grip performance
- Not recommended for use in wetter weather.
- It is not very durable.
4. Vgo 5-Pairs Winter Gloves
Offering increased protection, these gloves have 3D-structured PVC patches on the back that provide excellent impact resistance. The EVA padding with high dexterity provides stereoscopic vibration. A 45° angle cut at finger junctions and pre-curved fingers offer a tailored fit with incredible flexibility, breathability, and comfort.
It has a touchscreen capable thumb and index fingertips for smartphone control. It also has a softer terry cloth that absorbs a lot of sweat. It is also machine washable and can be cleaned easily.
|Dimension L x W x H||11.81 x 5.98 x 4.57|
- The laminated polyester seamless thicker liner provides comfort
- Keeps hands warm in cold weather.
- Natural foam latex coating for high breathability and durability, and good wet grip
- The knit wrist ensures securer fit, keeping dust and dirt out of the hands
- CA65 certified/REACH compliant
- Machine washable
Why buy it?
- Has a stylish design
- Provides an adhesive grip
- Made of high-quality leather
- Offers a secure fit
- Could be inconvenient for people with larger hands
5. Simari Winter Gloves
SIMARI’s Touch Screen Winter Gloves are an excellent choice if you want a pair of gloves that are comfortable, warm, and do not obstruct your hands’ movements.
These unisex lightweight gloves have an ergonomic design that allows you to move freely in cold weather. Its silicone particles improve your overall grip. The SIMARI gloves are intended to keep you active during outdoor activities.
|Dimension L x W x H||10.51 x 5.67 x 1.1 inches|
- Slip-resistant and Humanised Design
- Made of 95% polyester and 5% spandex
- Has a warm Flannel lining and an elastic cuff for added warmth and elasticity
Why buy it?
- You can operate various devices while wearing these gloves
- Unique and sensitive touchscreen Fingers Capability
- Can keep hands warm and comfortable in cold
- Warm and comfortable
- Provides a limited stretch along the knuckles
- At the bottom, it gets tighter
6. BoxGrans Winter Glove
BoxGrans gloves are another of the warmest thin gloves and are ideal for wet winter weather. These gloves are stormproof and warm, helping you deal with extreme weather easily.
They can be worn alone or as a liner glove for extreme cold.
BoxGrans Winter Thermal Golf Gloves is a famous line among outdoor athletes because it creates sturdy base layers that are warm but not bulky. These gloves are another fantastic product in the line that utilize the best ColdGear technology to keep your fingers warm.
|Dimension L x W x H||9.45 x 4.72 x 0.67 inches|
- Made of a multi-layer super-efficient fine fiber heat insulation material that allows maximum heat retention while remaining breathable.
- Palm improves grip, strengthening the connection between the steering wheel and the gloves.
- Extended glove cuffs improved windproofing and prevented snow or cold air from creeping in
- Firmly locks the temperature in cold environment and keeps the palms warm
Why to buy?
- Warm and thick fleece
- Windproof & Waterproof
- Gel Padded and Comfy
- May quickly wears out
7. TaylorMade Rain Control Golf Gloves
The durability of these TaylorMade Rain Control Gloves is one of their best features. They will easily last the entire winter season and beyond. They’re comfortable to wear, quick to dry and look sleek and stylish.
Another advantage is that these gloves can be used for other outdoor activities as well that require perfect grip in wet conditions, such as fishing, horseback riding, or cycling.
|Color||Grey / Black|
|Dimension L x W x H||8 x 4 x 6 inches|
- Strong swing requiring a firm grip
- Particle design in the palm adding extra grip strength
- Professionally designed breathable microfiber fabric for best balance of flexibility and stability
- Offers best control over your fingers by ergonomic tailoring
Why buy it?
- Water and wind repellent
- Offers excellent fit
- Back of the hand is lined with fleece.
- Long enough to reach the wrist
- Without an extended cuff, the wrist is exposed
8. Orlimar Golf Gloves
Orlimar’s Winter Performance Gloves are 100% water-resistant and made of Polar Fleece material. Note that this glove has enough insulation for small changes in temperature.
They have a synthetic textured palm with an elastic wrist band to provide a firm grip, regardless of the weather conditions. Even if you don’t use them for golf, these gloves are great for driving.
They are ideal for use in the rain or snow as well.
|Dimension L x W x H||9 x 1 x 5 Inches|
- Entirely water-resistant
- Textured synthetic palm with an elastic wrist band
Why buy it?
- Fantastic performance
- Keep hands dry and warm
- Perfect fit
- Provides a firm grip
- Excellent choice for rain or snow
- A little tight at first, but it loosens up after a while.
- For the best fit, you may need to go up a size.
9. HJ Golf Glove
The external style of HJ Glove is frequently powerful and cozy. These gloves are made of Cabretta leather, making them durable enough to resist extended cold spells. HJ Gloves are high-performance microfiber winter gloves that are also waterproof; they are composed of a mesh material that dries quickly and provides an extra solid grip.
|Dimension L x W x H||10.4 x 4.2 x 0.7 inches|
- 50/50 polyester fleece and leather
- Velcro adjustment for closure
- Cabretta palm leather
Why buy it?
- Manufactured with a modern design
- Robust and reliable
- Additional durability provided by the terry wristband
- Too little room for huge hands and larger fingers
10. New Nike Winter Gloves
These gloves trap body heat and reduce heat loss through the fingers. Aside from that, they provide a snug fit that allows your hands and fingers to move freely.
The adjustable wrist strap ensures that they fit perfectly. These gloves have a sleek design and are made of high-quality material, allowing them to last for several years.
|Dimension L x W x H||8 x 4 x 6 inches|
- Synthetic suede used over the palm, fingers, and thumb for superior grip and durability
- Available with gusseted closure system for increased warmth and a secure fit
- A double layer of fleece is available on the back of the hand for maximum warmth and water resistance
Why buy it?
- Give your hands and fingers a firm grip.
- They fit snugly.
- extremely light-weight
- They are able to withstand extremely challenging environments.
- Not recommended for scorching weather
Benefits of wearing cold weather golf gloves
You can enjoy time on the golf course, thanks to thermal golf gloves. Some of its benefits include:
- Unlike mittens, you can wear these even while making your shots, so putting on and taking off gloves is less of a hassle.
- The thermal golf gloves are composed of thermal or even thick knitted material, guaranteeing that you won’t feel the cold and can keep your hands at a comfortable temperature while still making those successful strokes, swings, and shots.
- When winters take over, it’s essential for you to be warm. Thus, these gloves help you achieve that goal without posing any obstacles in your game.
What to consider when shopping for golf winter gloves?
There is no such thing as not being able to play golf in winter, and you can continue with this sport by wearing winter gloves and mittens. So you can enjoy socializing with friends, keep up your health, and get your golf fix. But before buying cold weather golf gloves online, you must consider the following things to add extra boost to your performance:
Even though being warm and fuzzy and maintaining your ability to hit superb drives, strokes, and putts while playing golf will be your primary concern, you must be comfortable.
Nothing is worse than focusing on the shot at hand while shaking and getting the chills while holding the clubs, especially the irons. Therefore, always consider comfort when deciding which gloves are appropriate for you.
2. Proper Grip
You need to ensure that the golf winter gloves you purchase won’t obstruct this crucial aspect of the technique. This is because your hands are the only part of your body that touches the clubs you are using and because the grip is essential for the best swings.
Many have textured grips that assist you in gaining some traction and prevent accidents and flying clubs.
As we’ve already mentioned, numerous variations of golf winter gloves are available nowadays. The material used in their manufacturing is one of the most crucial factors you should consider when selecting the pair that is best for you. The materials that are utilized most frequently include:
- Leather: Leather gloves have several advantages, including their grip level and texture. They genuinely feel like a second skin, providing you the skill and feel required to achieve those precise swings instead of causing you to lose connection with the clubs you use.
- Synthetics: In general, synthetics are typically only used on a portion of gloves rather than the entire object. Golfers prefer these gloves because of how lightweight and stretchy they are.
If you enjoy wearing thermal undergarments and underclothing to stay comfortable on chilly golf course days without sweating excessively, look for best golf gloves for sweaty hands and gloves that offer adequate insulation.
Insulation keeps you warm while also preventing you from getting too hot.
5. Water Resistance
Golf gloves vary significantly in quality; many are not entirely waterproof and don’t readily absorb water. Winter golf gloves with a waterproofing coating or impervious material are necessary if you know it will rain but still want to play that round of 18 holes or a fast 9-hole game.
Our Top Pick
Our Top Pick is HJ Winter Golf Gloves, as they provide maximum warmth and comfort, allowing you to perform better in cold weather.
The interior material is made of a well-structured thermal design that keeps hands and fingers warm. The thermal fleeces are soft, keeping the fingers and palm warm throughout the game.
We discovered that some models are mildly water-resistant, which can help in light rain. Still, specific models, such as the FootJoy WinterSof gloves or the Callaway Thermal Grip gloves, are completely waterproof for sudden downpours. Here are our detailed reviews best rain golf gloves.
Keeping your hands warm makes the golf round so much more enjoyable.
Although there are some great contenders in the list discussed, our winner as the most versatile glove that will offer the best protection against wind, water, and temperature is the FootJoy WinterSof glove.
Yes, you can play golf while wearing winter golf gloves, but nothing is worse than losing your grip in wet weather, especially in the middle of a good golf game.
A decent pair of winter golf gloves will actually improve your grip on the club when they become wet. They are also a little thicker than a regular glove, which helps keep your hands warm. Here’s our detailed guide on best golf gloves with better grip.
Since it’s hard to grip the golf club when your hands are numb from the cold, you may put on your winter mitts for a few minutes or in between some tee/fairway shots, and you’ll immediately feel the warmth return to your hands.
Hand warmers have the potential to be one of the most useful pieces of equipment in the golf game. Because of the weather’s volatility, golf in the winter can be a frustrating experience.
Hand warmers and multiple layers are essential.
Layering is the best strategy for keeping your upper body warm while playing golf in the cold. The upper body movement should not be restricted to the point of being unable to produce a free and easy swing. Winter-type apparel that is too heavy and bulky is a no-no.
Hand warmers, on the other hand, can be tucked away in your pockets. Wear two gloves whenever possible. If you don’t want to lose your golf club’s control or finesse, make sure your hands are warm.
It’s probably about 30 degrees, but that’s when it’s not too hot. If it’s windy or rainy, that number goes up very quickly.
When it’s between 13 and 31 degrees, you should take a break inside every 20 to 30 minutes. Wind chills of 13 degrees or lower can cause frostbite very quickly, so when the temperature drops below that, you should move your activities inside and out of the cold.
Winters can definitely make golf frustrating, but a lot of golfers talk about the weather making the sport even more fun at times! This article sums up all the information on how a golfer can efficiently play his game and actually win one in extreme weather conditions too. So, even if the weather is cold, you can focus and do your best swing.
You’ll find above the best winter golf gloves that will keep your fingers and palms warm and dry as you play. With that, you can also wear the glove to increase grip traction and prevent blisters.
Helping others make the right choice when purchasing golf equipment is our top priority.